Friday 26 October 2012

My Favourite Soup

Soups are great in the winter and this one is my signature soup. I've never before given the ingredients or the way its done partly because it only needs 3 ingredients but mostly because as a chef its the ultimate cheat. I first made this soup by mistake but it turned out to be one of the best soups I've produced.

So Tomato and Mango Soup (my best kept secret)

1 can chopped tomatoes (literally any will do)
1 vegetable stock cube
Mango chutney to taste

Heat your chopped tomatoes in a pan, add your stock cube then if you want a smooth soup blend it and if you want it chunky just add water until its the right thickness, spoon in your mango chutney to taste. Its that easy and a proper crowd pleaser, my customers were paying £3.50 per bowl with a bread roll. I've lost count of the times I've been asked for the recipe so here it is. Enjoy but don't tell anyone!!!

No comments: